Fruit firmness is the most accurate way to test for fruit ripeness. Penetrometers are used as a hardness test by growers to test for the optimal time for picking and shipping fruit. This pocket penetrometer may also use it to determine which fruits should be processed and which sold fresh. Processors can monitor fruits as they ripen and schedule shipping to coincide with reaching the retailer at the fruit’s peak.
The DeltaTrak Penetrometer™ is an instrumental gauge that uses puncture pressure as a hardness tester to determine the firmness of fruit.
Penetrometer™ measures the amount of force in kilogram per square centimeters needed to penetrate the fruit to provide a quick easy-to-use method of determining the ripeness or maturity of produce. It can be used to determine if produce is acceptable for consumption. Additionally, it allows the user to monitor shelf life as it monitors the ripening process and softening process in storage.
- Hand-held, analog meter
- Light-weight, portable, includes protective carrying case
- On-site measurement of fruit firmness indicates maturity or ripeness
- Easy to read scale - trailing pointer indicates highest resistance point
- Plunger tip marked for accurate penetration depth
- Determine fruit quality during harvest, shipping, receiving, processing, storage
|Measurement Range||0.2 - 15 Kg/cm² (×10⁵Pa)||0.2 - 4 Kg/cm²(×10⁵Pa)||1-24 Kg/cm²(×10⁵ Pa)||0.5 - 12 Kg/cm²(×10⁵ Pa)|
|Weight||0.3 kg||0.3 kg|
plums, citrus, melons,