FlashLink® Reusable Real-Time Mini Data Logger
- Account and RTL Mini Logger Registration
- Shipper Instructions
- Receiver Instructions
- How to Return Logger for Recycling
If you do not have an account,
request a new account here
Instructions for setting up a FlashLink In-Transit Real-Time Mini Logger:
Please follow these steps to program your logger prior to deployment:
Click on screenshots to enlarge
- Login to flashtrakrtl.com using the login and password provided to you by DeltaTrak (if you do not have one, please contact DeltaTrak Tech Support).
- Go to the upper screen next to the question mark.
A. Select the sprocket drop down menu.
B. Select “Products”.
- This menu is where we identify product parameters and setup alarms.
A. Click on the ellipsis (top right corner)
B. Click “Add”.
- Click on the name field and enter an appropriate name. Click “Enable”.
- Click “Test Criteria” and the following menu will appear. Choose the settings and select values. Click “Save” when done. Return to Dashboard.
- Re-open sprocket drop down menu and select “Alerts”.
If you require alerts, then confirm that “Enable” is on and then select “Products” and “Email Alert” and change to desired settings. Click the “Save” button when completed.
- This completes initial setup for the account and we are now ready to setup a new shipment.
- Return to the Dashboard page and open the sprocket drop down menu and select “New Shipment”.
- Select “Device ID” and select the Device trip number you would like to activate. “Shipment ID” is available for you to enter a personal reference.
- At this point you can either select a shipper from drop down list or click “New Shipper” to create one.
- Select a “Receiver” from drop down or create one.
- If a “Carrier” is required, then it can be created from sprocket drop down menu. Enter “Expected Arrival Time”.
- The last step is to assign the appropriate Product type and click the “Save” button.
This completes the setup process for this unit. Place unit in truck and when ready press and hold power button until green light flashes. Release and unit is active.
- Go to www.flashtrakrtl.com
- To stop the logger, hold down the POWER button on top of unit until the red LED is flashing
- Return Logger to DeltaTrak for recycling by going to www.deltatrak.com/gogreen
Consider the environment, please recycle:
How do I login?
You login to the DeltaTrak service using your email address and password used creating your account.
I forgot my password, what now?
At the login page you can find a link for resetting your password
Installing the DeltaTrak Device:
What is the best practices when placing a DeltaTrak device into a container?
As soon as you receive your DeltaTrak devices they are ready to be placed into a container. Preferably the DeltaTrak device should be attached to the last row of container load.
The person handling the devices simply just need to follow a couple of simple steps to set the device up properly:
- To start the logger press and hold the green POWER button on top of the unit until the green LED is flashing.
- Remove the label containing the serial number on the packaging and attach to your shipping documents.
- Use adhesive strips on the back of card to place logger on pallet or package.
- Place the device at eye level near the container doors with the DeltaTrak logotype facing the entrance. When this is done the device can be configured with shipment specific information.
Please see the Getting Started section for more information about this.
How is the DeltaTrak device connected to Internet?
They use 2G GSM to connect to internet in very similar way as a mobile phone. The device is equipped with a pre-paid SIM card that works world wide.
Why hasn't my DeltaTrak device updated in a while?
There is many possible reasons why the device doesn't have connectivity.
If the device is in a steel container in a rural area with bad GSM coverage or out at sea outside GSM reach the device will not be able to connect. However the device is still measuring and collecting sensor data even if there's is no GSM connectivity. As soon as the device is within GSM reach all data from last successful connection will be uploaded to the web front-end.
If you use your DeltaTrak device in reefer containers GSM signal is also affected by how the container is stacked on a ship or in a harbor. For instance if your container is in the middle of many other containers it might be very difficult to get GSM connectivity. However - as soon as your container is moved or transferred to another location all data from the last successful connection should be uploaded to the web front-end.