Refrigerator monitoring for cold chain drugs is one of the main essentials for insuring efficacy and safety of the drugs stored within these units, and a compliance requirement from the FDA, CDC, WHO, etc.
Many options are available for local monitoring in the form of thermometers, or data loggers; which are now the recommended device by the CDC for vaccine monitoring and record keeping. But, increasingly being promoted for storage units that are not so local to monitor, are remote monitoring solutions for supplier home based storage, or adjunct distribution centers where supplies are stocked for clinical trials, or mass immunization programs.
Always striving to maintain our leadership position in this area DeltaTrak is pleased to announce our new remote Wireless Refrigerator Monitoring solution known by its initials - WRM.
This device has the option of being connected to a cloud monitoring service with a user Dashboard for real time monitoring and the option to send various forms of alerts if excursions occur.
It comes with a 30 hour back-up battery, with auto fail over if main power should be lost, and the option to use either a local Wi-Fi connection, or cellular service, also with auto fail over if one, or the secondary form of connection should be lost. If both forms of connectivity should be lost, the unit can store the temperature data, just like a data logger, and then send the data to the cloud service once connectivity is restored.
Common applications would be:
- Monitoring of Cold Chain clinical trials supplies stored at remote trial centers.
- Central Pharmacy monitoring of remote pharmacy fridges where supplies are stored for an as needed basis.
- Major distribution center monitoring of remote DC's where vaccines or similar supplies are stored for mass immunization programs.
- Remote monitoring of unmanned refrigerator storage units to insure efficacy and stability limits are maintained.
- Monitoring of cold chain drugs stored within a regional sales office, for local client servicing, or for items like insulin stored at the sales persons home, ready for distribution.